HotDoc is a Series-A funded software startup that helps promote better health outcomes for all Australians by improving the way that patients and doctors communicate. We’re passionate about building products that have real impact on patient health outcomes and delivering services that support the sustainability of Australian healthcare.
Over the past twelve months our team has tripled in size and we’re really excited about the growth that is still ahead of us. We’re on the lookout for a Ruby Engineer who will contribute to HotDoc’s platform that helps hundreds of thousands Australians every year gain better access to healthcare.
A day in your life as a member of our Melbourne-based team will involve developing key new features from inception to production and integrating them with cutting edge health technologies. You’ll also have opportunity to take ownership of new products and actively turning ambitious ideas into elegant tools that directly impact patient outcomes across the country.
In return you’ll have the chance to work as part of team that recognises great work, offers flexible work hours and allows some remote work, encourages ongoing learning, and provides plenty of development opportunities on projects that actually excite you. You will work within an amazing culture that values collaboration, a sense of humour, and loves to celebrate success.
You will also get to have your input into the company's product development and direction and help shape the company going forward.
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate the following:
- You’re socially conscious and want to work with products that solve for problems in our society
- You have at least a basic understand of Ruby
- You have an interest beyond Rails in either JS frontend (Ember/React or similar) or ops, infrastructure, and optimising SQL queries
- You have a good knowledge of Git.
- You have experience/interest in Elixir
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment with continuous integration, unit/integration/load/performance testing
- You contribute to open source projects
This role would be good if:
- You are a junior who has a passion for learning and want to progress your career working with a talented team
- You are someone who has a year or two of agency experience, and is looking for more product ownership and/or more impact and responsibility
If this opportunity excites you as much as it does us, we’d love to hear from you! Apply below and don’t forget to let us know why you think you’ll be a great fit for HotDoc in your application. You’ll get extra brownie points if you remember to include your GitHub/Bitbucket details in the application.
At HotDoc we value diversity and we are an equal opportunity employer.